Hero Triathlon Cape Cod offers exclusive access to Joint Base Cape Cod (aka Otis Air Force Base/Camp Edwards). Athletes will feel the inspiration throughout the entire race as they compete aside men and women who are dedicated to fight for our freedom. Olympic and Sprint distance courses will be offered at this event - including an Aquabike category for the Olympic race (swim/bike only).
- Sunday, June 22, 2014
- 8:30am - see race weekend timeline here
- Johns Pond, Mashpee, MA
- Olympic: .9 mile swim, 21 mile bike, 6 mile run
Sprint: .3 mile swim, 13 mike bike, 3.2 mile run
- Barnstable Fairgounds - click here for more information on event parking
- The swim starts and finishes at the north end of Johns Pond and goes in a counter-clockwise direction. The course is one loop. Johns Pond is an ideal swim venue consisting of clean, clear, and warm water temperatures.
- The bike course enters Joint Base Cape Cod (aka Otis Air Force Base/Camp Edwards) from the Falmouth Gate. The course is flat and fast. A highlight in the course is biking along the runway and a F-15 fighter jet!
*ATTENTION ALL ATHLETES: Due to the heightened security in and around Joint Base Cape Cod, no pre-riding of the course will be allowed. Also, on race day, no spectators will be allowed on base, only athletes and race support vehicles. We understand that many athletes prefer to preview a bike course, but please understand that we are very fortunate to be able to use the base for the bike portion of the Hero Triathlon and ask that you respect the wishes of the base both prior to, and during, race day.
- The run course uses roads outside of the base around Ashumet Pond in Mashpee and Falmouth.
For an animated view of the course click here.
- $110 (aqua/bike category available for $95)
25% off the above rates for any active or inactive military athlete(s).
Entry fee includes post-race food and drink, swim cap, chip timing with five splits, plus a sensational racer giveaway (we're keeping it a secret for now)!
No refunds will be granted due to injury or sickness prior to race day. No credits or refunds will be given if the race is cancelled or the timing or date of the event is altered for reasons outside the control of the race organizers or if the race course is changed due to poor weather.
View of Air Force One from the bike course - August 2013